ICT Officer (1 Position) – Terms of Reference and Scope of Services
|I. General Information|
|Position Title:||ICT Officer (1 Position)|
|Reporting to:||Director General & Director of Finance|
|Type of Appointment:||Short term local staff|
|Duration:||12 months’ renewable based on satisfactory performance.|
|Duty Station:||Mogadishu, Kismayo, Baidoa, Jowhar & Dhusamareeb, Somalia|
|II. Background Information|
The Development Objective of the RCRF II project (“Project”), as restructured in 2018, is to support the Federal Government of Somalia and eligible Federal Member States to strengthen resource management systems, the inter-governmental fiscal framework, and service delivery system in education.
In conjunction with the Project restructuring, additional financing (AF) has been provided. The restructured project builds on the experience and successes of the parent project, RCRF II, and is designed to address fiscal constraints, sustain the reform effort over the next three years, and increase the emphasis on education service delivery.
Ministries of Education are the Federal and State level lead agencies of the education sector and its mandated to ensure that citizens at State and federal level has easy access to quality educational services in an affordable, sustainable and safe manner this contributes to the nationwide similar mandate of the Federal Ministry of Education. Without a functioning State MoE level’s sound finance, procurement, HR and project management practices this mandate cannot be achieved. Several capacity assessments on the Federal/State MoEs identified major gaps in those areas that need to be fulfilled.
One of the major gaps identified was qualified personal to undertake these duties or to implement national and state level acts, policies and procedures in regard to these areas.
The RCRF project aim to fill this critical gap by hiring a ICT Officer for a period of 12 months.
This TOR has been developed as a guidance for the objectives, scope, timing and deliverables of performing the ICT services for the Ministry of Education.
|III. Objectives and scope of the assignment|
The assignment develops the ministry’s ICT capacity in order to support an effective and efficient use of the ICT facilities for all the departments of the ministry.
Specific objectives of the assignment consist of:
- Review the existing ICT facilities of the Ministry
- Regularly update MoECHE websites
- Support communication/visibility of the Ministry
The assignment should be completed within 12 months with possibility of extension based on availability of funding.
The Position reports directly to the Director General of the Federal MoE.
|VI. Key Deliverables|
- Supports the information systems and applications that support the MOE programs and administrative processes;
- Supports the ICT facilities;
- Provides Web designing and web editing services;
- Trouble shoots common computer application problems;
- Maintains or supervises maintenance of computer hard ware equipment;
- Review the designs of the MOE promotional materials;
- Supervises Media.
- Supervise IT staff.
- Degree in IT and Computer Science
- Web designing and web editing skill is essential.
- Basic computer hard ware and software maintenance skills is essential.
- Graphic designing such as photoshop and video editing skills is essential.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy IT environment
|VIII. How to Apply|
- Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below not later than August 11, 2020.