Internal Audit Officer (1 Position)- Terms of Reference and Scope of Services
|I. General Information|
|Position Title:||Internal Audit Officer (1 Position)|
|Reporting to:||Director General of Federal/State MoE|
|Type of Appointment:||Short term local staff|
|Duration:||12 months’ renewable based on satisfactory performance.|
| Duty Station:
| Mogadishu, Kismayo, Baidoa, Jowhar & Dhusamareeb, Somalia
|II. Background Information|
The Development Objective of the RCRF II project (“Project”), as restructured in 2018, is to support the Federal Government of Somalia and eligible Federal Member States to strengthen resource management systems, the inter-governmental fiscal framework, and service delivery system in education.
In conjunction with the Project restructuring, additional financing (AF) has been provided. The restructured project builds on the experience and successes of the parent project, RCRF II, and is designed to address fiscal constraints, sustain the reform effort over the next three years, and increase the emphasis on education service delivery.
Ministries of Education are the Federal and State level lead agencies of the education sector and its mandated to ensure that citizens at State and federal level has easy access to quality educational services in an affordable, sustainable and safe manner this contributes to the nationwide similar mandate of the Federal Ministry of Education. Without a functioning State MoE level’s sound finance, procurement, HR and project management practices this mandate cannot be achieved. Several capacity assessments on the Federal/State MoEs identified major gaps in those areas that need to be fulfilled.
One of the major gaps identified was qualified personal to undertake these duties or to implement national and state level acts, policies and procedures in regard to these areas.
The RCRF project aim to fill this critical gap by hiring a Internal Audit Officer for a period of 12 months.
This TOR has been developed as a guidance for the objectives, scope, timing and deliverables of performing the Internal Auditing services for the Ministry of Education.
|III. Objectives and scope of the assignment|
The assignment develops the ministry’s internal audit capacity in order to monitor the internal controls and eliminate any risks that can be associated with the financial management practices of the ministry.
The assignment is expected to provide lower risk rating in financial management capacity assessments and audits made by external bodies.
Specific objectives of the assignment consist of:
Desk review of existing financial management assessments and audits and working with Federal level experts in fulfilling those gaps;
Participate the monthly internal audit work;
Prepare the internal audit working papers;
Participate preparation of the monthly internal audit reports;
Preparing Federal MoEs periodic consolidated financial statements
Supporting the school finance management systems of the Federal as well as providing internal audit services on the school finance management systems.
The assignment should be completed within 12 months with possibility of extension based on availability of funding.
The Position reports directly to the Director General of the Federal MoE.
|VI. Key Deliverables|
Internal Audit & Compliance Management
- Regularly test that the Internal Controls of the Federal MoE are functioning as per the Finance Management Manual and any deviations should be immediately reported to top management.
- Prepare an Internal Audit report on monthly basis and should share the report with the top management & the Director of Admin/Finance.
- Lead the quarterly school fiduciary risk assessments.
- Supervise the Finance unit in preparation of quarterly financial statements.
- Supervise implementation of bilateral and multilateral frameworks including World bank guidelines, GPE grant guidelines, School grant guidelines, etc.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Certification in Auditing/accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of general experience
- Minimum of 3 years of specific experience in Finance, Audit and Compliance.
- Knowledge and experience in public financial management and procurement management acts at Federal and Federal level.
- Experience in procurement processes.
- Performing similar assignments is preferable.
- The officer should also have knowledge or relative experience of the governmental and project funds management.
- Fluency in English and Somali languages.
|VIII. How to Apply|
- Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below not later than August 11, 2020.