Procurement Officer (5 Positions) – Terms of Reference and Scope of Services
|I. General Information|
|Position Title:||Procurement Officer (5 Positions)|
|Reporting to:||Director General & Director of Finance|
|Type of Appointment:||Short term local staff|
|Duration:||12 months’ renewable based on satisfactory performance.|
|Duty Station:||Mogadishu, Kismayo, Baidoa, Jowhar & Dhusamareeb, Somalia|
|II. Background Information|
The Development Objective of the RCRF II project (“Project”), as restructured in 2018, is to support the Federal Government of Somalia and eligible Federal Member States to strengthen resource management systems, the inter-governmental fiscal framework, and service delivery system in education.
In conjunction with the Project restructuring, additional financing (AF) has been provided. The restructured project builds on the experience and successes of the parent project, RCRF II, and is designed to address fiscal constraints, sustain the reform effort over the next three years, and increase the emphasis on education service delivery.
Ministries of Education are the Federal and State level lead agencies of the education sector and its mandated to ensure that citizens at State and federal level has easy access to quality educational services in an affordable, sustainable and safe manner this contributes to the nationwide similar mandate of the Federal Ministry of Education. Without a functioning State MoE level’s sound finance, procurement, HR and project management practices this mandate cannot be achieved. Several capacity assessments on the Federal/State MoEs identified major gaps in those areas that need to be fulfilled.
One of the major gaps identified was qualified personal to undertake these duties or to implement national and state level acts, policies and procedures in regard to these areas.
The RCRF project aim to fill this critical gap by hiring a Procurement Officer for a period of 12 months.
This TOR has been developed as a guidance for the objectives, scope, timing and deliverables of performing the Procurement and supply chain management services for the Ministry of Education.
|III. Objectives and scope of the assignment|
The assignment develops the ministry’s procurement management capacities, the assessment primarily consists of desk review of existing Assessments related to procurement, and training of the key ministry staff as well as providing mentorship.
The assignment should be completed within 12 months with possibility of extension based on availability of funding.
The Position reports directly to the Director General of the State MoE or Director of Finance in the case of Federal MoE
|VI. Key Deliverables|
- Prepare the Federal/State MoE’s Annual Procurement plan;
- Assist preparation of tender packages in consultation with the Ministry of Finance and other partners;
- Assist bid opening procedures, technical evaluations, financial evaluations and post qualification processes in consultation with the Ministry of Finance.
- Assist Awarding and contract signature processes.
- Supervise contract administration process (commencement, mobilization of vendor, receipt of goods/services or completion of works);
- Supervise preparation of reorder quantities & reorder levels for routine supplies as well as item price index;
- Prepare procurement tracking reports on monthly basis.
- Supervise keeping proper record of all procurement documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, procurement or related field.
- Certification in procurement is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of general experience in the field of procurement.
- Minimum of 3 years of specific experience in procurement and Supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience in public procurement acts at federal and Federal/State level.
- The officer should have experience in performing similar assignments;
- Fluency in English and Somali languages.
|VIII. How to Apply|
- Interested candidates are requested to apply online by clicking and following the link below not later than August 11, 2020.