Website Wasaarada Waxbarashada Hiddaha Iyo Tacliinta Sare
Wasaarada Waxbarashada Hiddaha Iyo Tacliinta Sare
Federal Government of Somalia
Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education
Somalia Education for Human Capital Development Project
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
COUNTRY: Federal Republic of Somalia (FRS)
NAME OF PROJECT: Somalia Education for Human Capital Development Project
PROJECT ID: P172434 Grant No.: IDA-D8370
Assignment Title: M&E Specialist
Reference No.: SO-MOECHE-252718-CS-INDV
Place of assignment: Mogadishu Somalia
Submission deadline: 30th September, 2021
The Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) and Federal Member States (FMS) through the Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of Somalia Education for Human Capital Development Project. The project is designed to provide interventions to improve system effectiveness, instructional quality, and learning outcomes across all Federal Member States.
The Project consists of the following four key components: (1) System Building – This component will focus on strengthening systems at the FGS and the FMS levels to implement Somalia Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP); (2) Expansion of access to quality schooling for the disadvantaged – This component will help Somalia roll out practical and economical ways to begin to redress the < 20% enrollment rate challenge faced by most districts in Somalia, among the world indicators; (3) Enhanced instruction quality – This component will develop a 2-year Teacher Professional Development Program (TPDP) that will be delivered using a blended learning approach and support 6,000 teachers to complete the program. Activities will include the design, development, testing, refinement and large-scale implementation of the TPDP; and (4) Project Management – Current capacity at all administrative levels, FGS, FMS levels, regional and district levels is weak. The project will finance key project staff at the FGS and FMS levels and consulting services to support the FGS to oversee school construction design, engineering, and supervision and capacity building to support FGS contract management.
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education (MoECHE) intends to hire a Consultant (M&E Specialist) to work closely with the various implementing entities and project unit for overall project Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
The M&E Specialist will participate in developing and implementing the Project’s M&E framework in coordination with the FMS implementation partners. He/she will advise the PMU on good monitoring practices, and on designing and maintaining the Project monitoring systems. He/she will also ensure timely submission of progress reports from FMS,
Under the leadership of the Project Manager, the duties of the M&E Specialist will include:
- Facilitating the development and implementation of specific project related monitoring arrangements, third party monitoring, baseline surveys, and evaluation designs.
- Developing adequate M&E tracking tools (with baseline and targets), techniques, frames, etc., in consultation with the FMS PIUs.
- Monitoring the targets for all components of the project in line with the Results Framework included in the Project Appraisal Document and consolidating expected outputs/outcomes of all the activities into a unified plan to serve as a central point of reference for monitoring performance against benchmarks and targets.
- Preparing and providing training on the M&E system for the SEHCD, including the preparation of the necessary materials needed for M&E training workshops. Training participants will include relevant staff at the federal and FMS levels.
- Coordination and management of M&E activities at the federal and FMS levels, including supervision of any field activities.
- Reviewing and adjusting the input, process and output indicators for each component and subcomponents of the project.
- Collecting data on day-to-day project activities through agencies responsible for the implementation of project components
- Reviewing, analyzing and preparing the monthly and quarterly monitoring reports; coordinating internally among PMU and relevant stakeholders for data collection and reporting.
- Working closely with PIU staff; perform other particularly assigned tasks, related to the project.
Selection will be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferably master’s degree) in evaluation, economics, statistics, project management, political science, sociology or another quantitative social science discipline. and experience in M&E principles and designs in the social sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in development programs that entailed responsibility for the development and implementation of M&E Systems with proven results; and at least two years of experience that relates to this role.
- Experience in M&E of national or international projects, sound knowledge of statistical indicators, data analysis, data processing and data reporting.
- Experience in the management of quantitative and qualitative evaluations, familiarity with evaluation designs, use of reliable and valid instruments, and methods for data collection, analysis and reports.
- Experience in at least one statistical data analysis software such as Stata, SPSS, R, or other, and in CAPI programming is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office packages, including Excel.
- Excellent proven report writing skills in English and Somali.
- Excellent communication in English as well as in Somali language.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel to the field
- Duration & Duty Station: Twelve (12) months with possibility for extension based on performance and requirement. The duty station is Mogadishu Somalia with travels to the Federal Member States.
- The Ministry of Culture and Higher Education (MoECHE) now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit the following: (i) Curriculum Vitae (CV) with 3 reference persons; (ii) copies of certificates of academic qualifications; and (iii) cover letter indicating that they are qualified to perform the services.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) can be found at the following website: www.moe.gov.so or it can be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application to the address indicated below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14 and 3.21 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and current edition (“Procurement Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest and eligibility.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants selection method set out in the “Procurement Regulations”.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address given below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Mogadishu time (Excluding public holidays).
The Expressions of interest (EOI), CV with 3 reference persons and certificates of academic qualifications must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 30th September 2021 at 12:00 Hours (Mogadishu Time) – marked clearly as “M&E Specialist – Education for Human Capital Development Project”.
Human Capital Development Project Unit (HCDPU)
Ministry of Education, Culture and Higher Education
Zoope Area, Mogadishu
Federal Republic of Somalia